www.industrialheritageireland.info

Industrial Heritage Gazetteer

Balmoral Station
County Antrim
Latitude 54.568476 Longitude -5.9689638
Grid Reference J 31357075
Last Visit Date 15/08/2009


View Larger Map



Site Description

There are two platforms at this station that opened in 1858. The house behind the Down platform was for the Belfast Goods manager. There is a PW depot on the same side at the Belfast end of the station. This is used for rail welding and is accessed by a trailing siding which connects to the access siding for Adelaide, which is beyond the station. Opposite was the goods area and signal cabin. There is a crossover, trailing to the Down line. On the Up side are the Balmoral Showgrounds and the King's Hall.

Photographs


Photo Gallery - Balmoral Station
Google Street View - Balmoral Station
Geograph.ie - Balmoral Station (Link checked 26122013)
Geograph.ie - Balmoral Station subway (Link checked 26122013)
Geograph.ie - Balmoral Station (Link checked 26122013)
Geograph.ie - Balmoral Station (Link checked 26122013)

Links


Chronological Details

Opened Closed Company Name Notes
/ /1858 / /Open UR Balmoral

Geographical Details

Section StartSection FinishDistanceMilepostMeasured from
Connolly Station Belfast 110.75 110.75 Connolly Station

Site Navigation


Return to Belfast Inset Map

Footnotes

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

COPYRIGHT EWAN DUFFY 2010 - : ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPYRIGHT SUBSISTS IN THE CONTENT OF THIS PAGE. YOU MAY NOT SAVE A COPY OF THIS AND/OR REPRODUCE THIS IN ANY PUBLICATION AND/OR ON ANY WEBSITE WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF EWAN DUFFY. STANDARD CHARGE FOR REPRODUCTION IS EUR100,000.00