Industrial Heritage Gazetteer
OS Map 3
Grid Reference C 38004625
Last Visit Date
Clonmany Station was a block post - the signal cabin being located on the Up side at the Buncrana end of the station. Opposite was the goods store - which had a siding between it and the running line and another running through the store serving a loading bank and cattle pens between the store and the Down platform. The station building and water tower were on the Down platform. There was also an Up platform on which was a waiting shelter.
The station was located to the east of the town, accessed off the R238.
Dictionary of Irish Architects - Clonmany Station (Link checked 18072021)
|Opened ||Closed ||Company ||Name ||Notes
|01/07/1901 ||30/11/1935 ||L&LSR ||Clonmany |
|Section Start||Section Finish||Distance||Milepost||Measured from
|Buncrana ||Carndonagh ||10.81 ||23 ||Graving Dock Station|
COPYRIGHT EWAN DUFFY 2010 - 2018: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPYRIGHT SUBSISTS IN THE CONTENT OF THIS PAGE. YOU MAY NOT SAVE A COPY OF THIS AND/OR REPRODUCE THIS IN ANY PUBLICATION AND/OR ON ANY WEBSITE WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
WRITTEN CONSENT OF EWAN DUFFY. STANDARD CHARGE FOR REPRODUCTION IS EUR100,000.00