Industrial Heritage Gazetteer
OS Map 3
Grid Reference C 38503905
Last Visit Date
Approaching the station, the line crossed a level crossing to enter the station. The single platform and station building were on the Down side. The goods siding was on the Up side and was parallel to the running line. This was accessed by a facing connection joining the siding midway
along its length. The goods store was located at the Carndonagh end of the siding.
The station building has been incorporated into a larger structure - which trades as The North Pole Bar.
Google Street View -
Dictionary of Irish Architects - Drumfries Railway Station (Link checked 06012013)
|Opened ||Closed ||Company ||Name ||Notes
|01/07/1901 ||30/11/1935 ||L&LSR ||Drumfries |
|Section Start||Section Finish||Distance||Milepost||Measured from
|Buncrana ||Carndonagh ||5.69 ||17.75 ||Graving Dock Station|
COPYRIGHT EWAN DUFFY 2010 - 2018: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPYRIGHT SUBSISTS IN THE CONTENT OF THIS PAGE. YOU MAY NOT SAVE A COPY OF THIS AND/OR REPRODUCE THIS IN ANY PUBLICATION AND/OR ON ANY WEBSITE WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
WRITTEN CONSENT OF EWAN DUFFY. STANDARD CHARGE FOR REPRODUCTION IS EUR100,000.00